Problems connecting to XBL on my 360 but not my PC.

Earlier today I switched on my Xbox yo use the iPlayer app and after having installed a system update I was asked to provide extra security measures for my account. I completed the steps, then changed my password but now whenever I try to connect I get a prompt saying 'You'll need this profile's Microsoft account password to sign in'. I then enter my email address and put my password in but get a 'This email address or password isn't valid for this account. Try Again'.

Just to see if my account details were correct I then came onto the Xbox website to confirm my details were entered correctly and that I still had a full Gold account so now i'm completely lost as to why I cannot sign in.

-Patrick

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Have you tried re-downloading your account to see if that would correct the problem?

If you haven't and you wish to give it a try you can first take some safety measures by moving your gamertag to a USB stick. (just in case it gives you issues with recovering)

Once you have moved off your hard drive, you can clear your cache files by going into storage, pressing Y and then select clear cache.

Once you have done that, back out to the main dashboard, shutdown your console, turn it on again and try to recover/download your profiles.

That should allow you to recover your gamertag from the servers and hopefully also have the up to date info with your account and password changes on it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Awesome, that worked! Thanks for the help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.