Problems buying games as cannot change account info.

Is there yet a solution for your xbox live account being stuck in the wrong region? I've had this problem for ages but it's causing me more and more problems with being able to download games from XBLA. When I asked before, nobody could offer a solution but I'm hoping there might be something I can do by now.

I'm in Ireland, where I bought the xbox and signed up for XBL, however, my hotmail email (that I never use b/c I have gmail, but I had to have a microsoft email to be able to sign up) was originally signed up for in the UK.

As a result, my account automatically set my country up as being in the UK and wouldn't let me change it. I tried several ways, including updating the original hotmail that was used to reflect that I was in Ireland, but my XBLA account won't update, meaning my credit card billing address is a mix of my actual Irish address and an old postcode I remember for living in the UK, as Irish addresses don't have postcodes, but since I can't change my address to Ireland the form requires one..

Now I have an irish IP, but a UK address, and I keep putting points in my account to buy games from XBLA, only to get 'this game is not available in your region' when I try, even though googling the issue suggests the game should be.

Is there any way I can resolve this? It seems really odd to me that I can update every other facet of my personal details and address, but not the country.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The only thing you can do is create an account with the correct region. At the moment, there is no way to migrate your account to Ireland.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This seems like a really weird oversight to me - has there ever been a good reason stated for it?

If I create a new account, I'm correct in thinking that I'm starting from absolute scratch - can't transfer my games, dlc, points etc right?

Also, I only have one credit card - can I use the same card with 2 different accounts?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with just the different rules in each region. It's harder to change your account region and have everything work exactly the same as it did.

Yes, a new account would be brand new, from scratch, and nothing can be transferred. However, if you download something on one account, the other account should have access to it. I'm not sure if this works the same with region locked content or not though.

There shouldn't be any issues with using the same card on 2 accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Steel Spine"]

This seems like a really weird oversight to me - has there ever been a good reason stated for it?

If I create a new account, I'm correct in thinking that I'm starting from absolute scratch - can't transfer my games, dlc, points etc right?

Also, I only have one credit card - can I use the same card with 2 different accounts?

[/quote]

That is correct, you start from scratch and nothing can be transferred.

However you can make the new gamertag only to download things and you will still be able to access them with your current gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.