Problems After Account Recovery

Sorry this is all quite long.. Recently I moved and I haven't played my Xbox in two months due to having no wireless internet (and was on vacation). I set up the internet, logged into my account (which I had been logged into before, just not on the internet) and I had a problem playing MW2 on LIVE. I don't remember what it said exactly, but after the message that popped up, I was trying to figure out what to do so I recovered my gamertag. I just got my xbox a couple months ago and I didn't exactly know that was going to happen. I wasn't expecting that all my saved progress from those two months would be erased. I went from having about 1200 achievement points to now having 415 again. Theres a game that I got in those two months that my xbox says never existed. All of my progress on MW2 was gone, including my 91% completed campaign mode that is now reset to seem like I never played it at all. Another small thing is that my avatar changed back to how it was about two months ago before I recently changed it.

I looked up on here something, and I slightly found an answer.  "This point right here is VERY IMPORTANT. There is often issues of people recovering their profile to find out that some achievements they gained while on the other Xbox did not transfer over. This is because when you gained achievements on the other Xbox, you gained some while offline and never connected back to the LIVE servers before transferring over your profile. You MUST connect to LIVE before transferring a profile, otherwise any achievements you gained will not be there on your account. They can however still be obtained by simply re-doing whatever you did to get the achievement." (Judge Bergan)

Of course, I didn't read that before I recovered my account and I really wish I had (especially because I feel like an idiot and am really upset). The thing is though, I hadn't linked my account to another xbox other than my own and I was logged into my account the entire time I was playing those games. Is it another problem with the same results or is it something different? I'm assuming that other people have had problems like this, I just can't seem to find the answer to it. Is there anyway to get all the deleted progress back or is it simply gone?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

It's basically the same issue. When you recover your account you're pulling the last bit of info the Xbox servers have for that account. So since you hadn't been on Live in months, it pulled the information it had from months before. Unfortunately there's no way to recover the progress.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How do you recover the account itself though ?

Sorry this didn't help.

To recover an account, just follow these steps: forums.xbox.com/.../37357.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.