Problems adding a Paypal account after credit card cancellation.

Good afternoon,

I'm currently having issues trying to add a new Paypal account to my LIVE account and finishing a small outstanding bill.

The complete situation is as follows: In the past years i've had a creditcard linked to my LIVE account and could effortlessly purchase items through my Xbox 360 and Windows Phone. Recently, due to a change in my bankaccount type, my creditcard got cancelled. Between the time the card got cancelled and i actually knew that it stopped being valid, i made one purchase on that card of €2,99 on my LIVE account, through the Windows Phone Marketplace.

Now, since i won't have a replacement creditcard for a while, i wanted to add my Paypal account to my LIVE account. This Paypal account is verified, has a bank account attached, has a positive balance and the personal information matches that of my LIVE account. Unfortunately, i cannot seem to link the Paypal account in any way. I've tried adding it directly through billing.microsoft.com, the first steps go down fine and it actually shows it will transfer the €2,99 payment to the Paypal account, but once entering the account details i get a generic 40101 error. Adding the Paypal account here, on xbox.com, asks me to attach a creditcard, which i obsiously don't have right now. Lastly, trying to add Paypal on the Xbox 360 results in a 8382025C error code. Changing billing options through Zune just redirects me to the microsoft billing site.

I've tried all methods several times without any luck. As said, the personal and region information of both accounts match, the Paypal account is verified and has a positive balance and bankaccount attached. Also the LIVE account is not set to Child, it never has been. I really hope there's a simple solution to this, without me having to resort to either lending someone's creditcard or endless calls with support, when all i want to do is just pay the €2,99 outstanding, without risking suspension of my account or worse.

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Greetings, Sjagga. Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. You will need to call support for your region about settling your outstanding balance. They should be able to take care of the issue pretty quickly, so I don't anticipate you'll need to spend much time on the phone. Once this outstanding balance has been dealt with you should be able to successfully use your PayPal account given you have a verified funding source. Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.