Problem with Xbox service (Wireless)

Okay so, at my moms house my Xbox Live works perfectly fine, and then at my dads I can't do anything. I tested my connection to Xbox Live and it says I'm connected, but whenever I go to play a game on Live it refuses to connect me with any other players (On L4D2 for example). I end up playing a whole session by myself. I went to go watch something on Netflix but it says that I have to re-download it. When I go to do that a message pops up saying "Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later. For help with this problem, go to www.xbox.com/errorhelp. Status code: 80072746." But then when I go online to the site it tells me to go to, there are no useful suggestions. I even tried moving th Xbox to another room thinking that maybe the signal just sucked in my brothers bedroom, but that failed to work. If there's a problem with the Xbox service why does it tell me that I'm connected to Live? And if I'm connected to Live then why can't I play online? I just think this whole thing is stupid, how on Earth could there be a problem with my service if I'm connected? I seriously need help. This is pissing me off.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Hey Rinny,

Yeah that all does sound like it would suck! Is there a chance that you can connect by way of a ethernet cord and tell us what happens? Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Conith!  Are we talking about 1 xbox here? or 1 xbox at your moms and another at your dads?  

Are you also trying to connect wired or wireless? (looking at the tags you've selected im banking on a wireless connection here =P)

If wireless, could you delete the connection and then just try reconnecting?  

Also if wireless, is the wireless SSID the same at your mothers and fathers house?  I am just wondering if your parents both configured their networks with the same name and password to make the transition from home to home easier for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.