Problem with Xbox One system update today.

So I turned on my XB1 this morning and it said there was an update so I tried to install the update and got the "There was a problem with the update" message. So it gives you a couple of options. The first one is to test you network connection, so I did and my network connection was fine. 

Then I tried running the system update again and got the same error message. So then I selected the "Turn Xbox Off" option. Turned my xbox back on and now there is no mention of the update at all. I tried powercycling my xbox but still nothing. Where did the update go? I've turned my xbox on and off quite a few times now. What else can I do? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

Yes, I'm having this exact same problem too except that I've already updated my XBOX ONE console already. I kept my console on all night and when I woke up this morning (9:00 AM Pacific Time) there was a message about a system update; it went through the whole update process as usual and I thought everything was okay...with one exception - every time the console goes into suspend mode, it's unable to go directly to the Home Screen whenever I say, "XBOX ON" (it automatically signs me in via Kinect 2.0 but I get the same error message, "There was a problem with the update"). I've tried this method numerous times with the same results - the console doesn't seem to have a problem whenever I power it off completely but every time it goes into suspend mode I get that error message.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same issue when after doing the update, I tried to update COD.  It gave me the same message.  Instead of powercycling  the console by holding the button down.  I pull the power cord out of the back of the console.  After doing it this way, I didn't have an issue with trying to start a game or app.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem but I can't sign in my profile. Their are two accounts on my xbox one but only the one in the first slot is signing in, the other one just takes me at a blank screen. So I tried to remove the account and add it back but it won't even let me do that as well. It sits at a loading screen and I've turned on and off the xbox plenty of times and it still won't let me sign in. So I went to my 1st account and it signs in flawlessly but I noticed as I go to my notifications and click the icon, it doesn't respond. I don't know whats going on, maybe it was the update, or maybe it was the lack of an update because when I got an update error I too turned off the xbox and on again and the update msg was gone. Microsoft please fix this!

Sorry this didn't help.

So I just unplugged the power cable from the xbox one and now all the problems are fixed!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup, I also unplugged the power cable from my XBOX ONE console and I didn't get that error message anymore; thanks! :D

Sorry this didn't help.

I can log on (4/4 3:45pm EST) and all network tests are good. Can't get onto Titanfall or xbox live however. I've tried power cycling multiple times with no luck, including pulling the plug. A window appeared once saying 'this game or app' is updating please check "My Games & Apps", when I check there is nothing happening. Any ideas? Saw a couple of google search results showing xbox live in the UK is down...

Sorry this didn't help.

Happened to me.  I think it was a glitch.  I don't think the update is released yet.  Maybe they accidentally went live with the update and then took it down right away?  Not sure.  It hasn't happened to me in 2 days, so not sure.

Sorry this didn't help.