Problem with Xbox live gold tenure/year counter

Alright, my Xbox live gold membership expired a few days ago so it went from gold to silver. I bought a prepaid gold card and after redeeming it I noticed that the year counter/ gold tenure # is gone and reset to 0. What's going on?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 237 Applies to:

Hi there. This seems to be happening to quite a lot of xbox LIVE members across the board. The only information I can provide to you is that the xbox LIVE support team are currently investigating the issue and will hopefully have this fixed some time soon.

One thing that they suggest to try though is to clear your update cache and then recover your gamertag. This has not been proven to work but has fixed a number of people's tenure issues. A handful of members have had theirs return back to normal without doing anything...

What I would suggest though is if your tenure number does not resolve itself either after what I suggested above, or after a week or so, come back here and PM one of the forum support team.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've cleared the cache and re-downloaded my profile a bunch of times and it didn't do anything. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the time you spent as a xbox live gold member is cumulative regardless of how many times you went silver and how long the gap between each gold membership. It should stay cumulative because it makes sense and it reminds people of how xbox and xbox live together have enhanced their entertainment throughout the years. I think the gold tenure is one of many factors that as an incentive it keeps loyal xbox live customers such as myself well.... loyal.

I'll take your word for it and wait, see what happens. Thanks for the info MeanMachine 47, much appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're right, that is how it works. The number is as you stated a representation to show how long you have been an xbox LIVE Gold member, it should not reset or change if / when you revert back to silver for a certain period of time. There just seems to be a glitch in the works and the support team are investigating it to try and resolve the problem.

I hope your tenure sorts itself out but as I said above, if your number is still not fixed in a few days time come back and PM one of the support team. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Blade! As MeanMachine mentioned, we are indeed investigating this issue. We hope to have an update soon, but at this time, I'm afraid I don't have any helpful news to provide. We do thank you for your patience in the meantime, however! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

i have 3 years ternure and now have 2 what can i do?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please do not bump topics from last March, and also read the stickied threads before creating topics, one of which clearly addresses this issue: forums.xbox.com/.../441105.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.