Problem with Spinner on Sign-In

When I sign into my console I'm having intermittent problems with the dashboard not loading.  It appears as though it's loading the dashboard content with the spinning loading circle on top of my theme, but the dashboard content never shows.  Kinect icons are at the bottom corner, it plays sounds as if I'm shifting left/right when I hit the arrow keys but shows nothing.  I can hit the guide button on my controller and launch apps/games from the recent menu and return to the dashboard from the app and then the dashboard content loads.  I have a gold account in good standing on a wired connection that tested out fine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello

Try this, clear system cache and recover profile from xbox live

1. Turn the console off and on.
  2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.

To clear the system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
  1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
---
Download your Xbox LIVE profile

You might want to download your Xbox LIVE gamer profile in the following situations:

• You want to use your Xbox LIVE gamertag on another console.
  • You have a Zune, Games for Windows, or Windows 8 Microsoft account (download your existing account instead of creating a new account).
  • You accidentally deleted your Xbox LIVE gamertag from your console.

You can download your Xbox LIVE gamertag to any console. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
    2. Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.

1. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account or password.

Note “Microsoft account” is the new name for what used to be called “Windows Live ID.” It’s the email address and password you use to sign in to Microsoft services (including Xbox LIVE). Find out more.

2. Now, enter your Microsoft account password.

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download the profile.

3. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Microsoft account password to sign into your profile.

Remember Password option

The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Leave the Remember Password unchecked (off), if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign into your profile on this console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I see no post stating clearing system cache has ever solved this intermittent symptom, which people seem to have started reporting after the Fall 2012 release became available.

Is your console connected via HDMI? If so, next time this occurs would you mind turning off the TV while the spinner is spinning waiting for the dashboard to appear? Then, turn the TV back on, and see if then the dashboard appears in a few seconds.

This has worked for me to avoid having to reboot, & I find it odd that it does. It may be a clue to Xbox Support. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.