Problem with signing in due to gamertag

I changed my gamertag when i got home today, and it said the change had been complete. Then it disconnected me from xbox and would letting me sign in. It gave me a message saying "Sign in with a valid windows live ID". So after this i went and signed into my account on xbox.com, and it says my gamertag is my old gamertag, but it says i used the microsoft points. Help? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Are you sure you are using the right WLID? If you are then read on, if not then you will need to double check what you are using on the console.

As for the Gamertag change - It can take some time for a Gamertag change to fully register on every aspect of the Live system. The fact that you can sign in on the website means your WLID should be ok. Try this...

Go to storage on your console and Delete your profile, select Profile Only when doing  this, then clear the System Cache on your Hard Drive and then re-download your profile(tutorials on how to do all this can be found in the support section of the website).

Hopefully that resolves your issue! If not you should post back here or contact support directly!

Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried to delete the profile, but it won't let me re-download it. I've changed my name multiple times already and ivette has never Done this. It has always changed instantly. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to speed this up? Or if it will resolve itself soon?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd say your best bet is to call support or get onto chat support and explain what has happened. Im sorry but I cant think of anything else to do for this issue!

Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Matt, Skad is correct--phone support will likely be able to provide the fastest turnaround time on resolving this issue for you. If you'd like to stick with the forums though, we're happy to help! Can you please just detail the exact error (including code) that comes up when you try to download your profile now?

Sorry this didn't help.