Problem with Kinect

I posted this in the xbox preview program forum and never got a response so I'll try here.

I don't know if this is because of being in the preview program or not but i can not change channels using kinect voice commands or the one guide. My kinect recognizes the command but when it is supposed to change the channel the screen just goes black for about 10 seconds and then the same channel comes back on. The problem seems to be with the ir signal. No numbers pop up like changing a channel.  I have had this problem for a while and i could unplug everything and reset my device on my xbox one and get it working but then about every week it would mess up again. Now I can't get it working at all. I have Comcast box RNG110. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this. I hope it is not restoring my xbox one to factory settings and having to redownload 500 gigs of games again.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  If you believe that this is an issue caused by the preview program then you should keep the post in those forums.

However, if power cycling then unplugging all cables from the console and letting it sit for 5 minutes does not work you may need to do a factory reset.

However, if you get a USB 3.0 external drive ranging in size from 256GB - 16TB and attach it to your console you can move the games to it so they won't be deleted if you need to do a factory reset.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.