Problem with Halo: Reach

I don't know what's going on but my copy of Halo: Reach is having trouble connecting to the Halo: Reach servers. It takes some time for my profile to show up and every time after a match it loses my information for about a minute or two sometimes longer and I don't know what's going on. My friends are not experiencing any trouble at all so I’m wondering why I am. If anyone can help that would be amazing. Or if someone has a support e-mail for 343 industries I would much appreciate it.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Warrior! I understand you are having some connection issues in Reach. Is this the only game you notice issues with, or do other multiplayer games have issues as well? Do you have any issues when using apps, like Zune or Netflix? Also, just to cover all the bases, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes this is the only game I'm having troubles with. I don't have any apps downloaded. I've tried resetting my wireless router for my network and the wireless connector for my Xbox and nothing changed.

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1792761544.png]

Sorry this didn't help.

No this is happening in MW3 as well...since the update the lag is amazingly BAD and everyone is teleporting or skipping ....mw3 had lag before but since this new update, OH MY GOD. we all had to stop playing it was so damn bad.   and NO it is not my connection before anyone asks. I was fine before this new update , lol

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the post Warrior! Which other games have you tried playing? Were they fast-paced games like Reach?

I'm starting to think that this might not be a connection-related issue. Does this only seem to affect you? Do other profiles on this console have the same issues? Alternatively, try moving your save file to a USB device and then remove it from the console. Try playing a game of Reach now and see if you experience the same issue. Let me know what you find out, thanks!

Assassin: I'm more than happy to assist you, but for best help I'd like you to create your own thread in this forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes I'm the only one who is having the problem from the friends that I have asked. I've been playing Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and they are fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Chaos, from the sound of it, it appears that you're likely experiencing an issue with either your profile or a game save for Halo Reach. Let's start with the easiest solution first--can you please re-download your profile, by selecting the 'download profile' option in the sign-in menu? Please let us know if that makes any difference when booting up Reach. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried re-downloading my character and it didn't fix the problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Chaos, I just want to be sure that you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile, and not your in-game character.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah. i logged out of live, then i clicked on the "download profile" button instead of the sign in button on the menu screen you get form pressing the green X in the middle of your Xbox controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, thanks for the update! The other suggestion Fitzer proposed is a problem with your save. To test if this is the issue, try moving the save to a USB device, remove it from the console, and then try playing the game with a new save. If this works, there is most likely an issue with your save. Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.