problem with downloading my profile

I get to the dashboard, try to sign in, and it won't let me sign in. i clear the cache 3 times, try to download the profile, it starts up then gets stuck at "Downloading your game info." I back out of that, clear the cache 4 times, try to download again, and it gives me the 80151909 error. Clear the cache again 3 times, and now its been stuck on "Downloading your game info." for half an hour. PLZ HELP

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 64 Applies to:

Greetings Volcanic!
If you haven’t already, start by adding security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is crucial to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standars that Microsoft now provide.

When this information has been added and updated, we can now start focus on the next step. Connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Delete your profile (Delete Profile Only). This will only delete your profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Learn how to delete your profile properly.

Now restart your console and download your Xbox LIVE profile. How to download Xbox LIVE profile

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

alas...therein lies the problem. my profile disappeared when i backed out during the download. this happened to me b4 when XBL went down a few weeks ago. theres no trace of it on the xbox, not in the list of profiles, not on the hard drive, nowhere

Sorry this didn't help.

...oooook. it just decided to let me download my profile and sign in. didnt try and fix it, it just let me

Sorry this didn't help.