Problem with a friend's online status!

This problem showed up a few days ago, I have a friend on Xbox Live who appears offline even when he's online. I can see all my other friends online just fine, and they can see him online, and me online, and finally he is able to see me online. We have both checked our settings (both on the Xbox and the website) and everything is the way it should. We are also able to play with each other without any problems.

Some weird stuff are that when I sign on to my Xbox (and he's the only one of my friend online) it says I have one friend online, but when I go over to my friends, he is nowhere to be found (online). Another odd thing is here on the website in my friends section I can see him just fine.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! I have looked around and can't find anyone with the same problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hmm, odd. Have you guys tried deleting each other and re-adding? Have you checked privacy settings to make sure one of you isn't blocking the other or appearing offline for the other?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there Adam.  Have you tried to clear your systems cache by navigating to your Settings>System Settings>Memory/Storage>Highlight your Hard Drive>Press 'Y' for Device Options>Clear System Cache>Yes?  If not, give that a go, and see if that helps at all.  Hit us up if that doesn't resolve your issue. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I also starting noticing this on my account a few days ago. Several people on my friends list are now showing as "offline" even if they are on, not hiding offline or have been on recently. I signed onto another live profile on my same xbox and I was appearing offline to the other account even though all my settings are open and i was not appearing offline.

As suggested I cleared my systems cache and also signed out/back in and it's not fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys!  We are looking into this currently, no worries! You should still be able to send/receive messages.

Sorry this didn't help.

im getting this happened to me just today (Y)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a solution to all of ur problems u ppl just have to re add each other yesterday this happened to my friend he re added me n i could see his online status

Sorry this didn't help.