Problem with a 4GB S model

My friend at work has a 4GB slim for his son, he has mentioned to me today that they are having problems with it. It can't seem to read the internal storage, I don't own a 4GB so not really familiar with how the storage works.

He can play games but when it comes to recovering his profile,saving,updates or DLC it says that there is no storage device in the console. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Unless buying a 250gb HD is the only option?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I think the HD is full and thus can't take anymore info onto it; this model is worthless and no-one should be buying it!

I agree with you, 250GB is the one you should buy!

But it's not that, it was the first thing I asked him if the memory was full. He said it wasn't because they have had that before and had to delete stuff. But now on the memory option no storage device is showing up at all.

sounds like it'll need to go off on a little holiday. i would try and take stuff off of it with a memory stick so they don't loose saves and have it sent away for repair... maybe.

If they can take it back to where they got it from and explain i'm sure someone would have a look or replace accordingly.