Problem Switching Gamertag from Old console to Slim one

A month ago, I bought a Xbox 360 Slim to replace my old Premium Xbox 360 (the white one) and i transfered my gamertag to the new console but I am unable to connect to it one the new one. It ask for my Microsoft Account and the password but the Problem is that my gamertag was created 5 years ago on a Yahoo.com Account and the account doesnt exist anymore. Is there a way to get my gamertag to work again because i have lots of gaames i bought on the Live that i would like to play again.

Have a Nice Day

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It shouldn't matter whether or not the Yahoo account exists anymore. The Windows Live ID/Microsoft Account doesn't really care if it's a real email or not - that just effects how easy it is to get a password reset. You should be able to just reset your password at account.live.com/.../reset but if there is no security question and you can't currently access the email you'll have a couple of options.

~

The easiest may just be reactivating the Yahoo account, but that usually also depends on security information. If reactivating the Yahoo account isn't a feasible option, got to http://account.live.com/acsr and fill out as much information about the account as you can (a lot of it will not apply because this is not a Hotmail/Live/Outlook).

~

You'll get a confirmation number. If filling out that form doesn't get you a reset link, take that confirmation number to Xbox phone support. They'll need some information off your original console (I'm not sure if they need it running or not) and can file an escalation for a manual reset.

Hope that helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I reactivate my old yahoo account. but when i try connecting on my Gamertag it give me a error 80151012

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey,

Error code and message

Error code 80151012 contains the following message:

Sorry, something's wrong with your Microsoft account. Go to https://account.live.com for help.

Error code: 80151012

Note "Windows Live ID" is now called "Microsoft account."

Problem

If you get this message and error code, it means that your Microsoft account is locked.

Solutions

To resolve this problem, try to reset the password for your Microsoft account:

1. Go to the Reset your password page.
  2. Click to select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
  3. Click Reset your password.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account name.
  5. Type the characters you see in the picture.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Click Customer support.
  8. When Customer support appears, click it.
  9. Enter the Microsoft account that you are trying to recover.
  10. Enter your contact email address.
  11. Click Continue.
  12. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Microsoft account recovery page.
  13. Follow the instructions to finish.

If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support  to determine why your account was locked

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

-

take a look at this link support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80151012 it has a possible fix for that errorcode if it fails you will need to contact Xbox Support via support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.