problem streaming cable TV through xbox one

I had no issues with streaming cable TV through my new xbox one (HDMI cable from cable box into xbox one), then suddenly it no longer picked up the cable TV signal.  I know the cable TV signal is fine since I can re-route the HDMI through my receiver and pick up the TV signal fine.  Is it possible that the xbox HDMI jack has failed?  Or some other reason that it would suddenly stop picking up the cable TV signal?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The HDMI cable might have a problem, but there could be a simpler solution. Try power cycling your console to clear the cache and reset the network card. To power cycle, hold the Xbox Console touch button for 8 seconds until it powers off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn your console back on and see if this resolves the problem. Let us know how things go and we'll go from there. Thank you,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, should the above not resolve the issue, power the console off and remove the power cable from the console, also power off your cable tv box and remove the mains plug from the power outlet, Wait two minutes, power up the cable box first and once that's fully booted up reconnect the console power cable and power up the console.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.