Problem steaming music from Windows 8 PC tot Xbox

I'm using WMP 12 on my Windows 8 PC and when I try to stream music ingame through the xbox music player (using the guide button on my controller), the pc I want to stream my music from shows, but when I want to select a playlist, artist or album, it can't find a single one! (I do have them on my pc :') Media streaming in WMP is turned on, homegroup sharing of media is on, no extra firewalls other than the standard microsoft defender/firewall.

Since installing the optional media update on my xbox through the store, I get error code 04-80070103. So my problem now officially gets a number...

Any solutions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

When in your computer settings for share have you selected specifically to share music files? I know when I have done this I had to go in to share settings and tick a box that stated sharing music files.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Koek3nbakk3r,

Welcome to the Xbox Support Forums.

I suggest to take a look to this thread.

This includes Windows XP, Vista and 7, but the suggestion also work for Windows 8.

By The Way, does the Status-Code pops-up on your computer or on your Xbox Console?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.

To do this on the right click the wireless signal (bottom right hand corner) select open network and sharing centre. Click change advance sharing settings on the left hand side of the screen.

From there you get 3 drop down menus, click the 3rd one ( All networks ), half way down it says media streaming. Click 'choose media streaming options' the xbox should then pop up and have a tick to allow sharing? hover over it and click customise and make sure music is ticked on there under default settings. Hope that works for you?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies! The problem appearently was that a couple of services weren't turned on yet (I followed the steps in the link provided by FS x Thunder NL, thank you!) I had to manually start my media center extender service, SSDP and "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" for some reason. I now have full view of al the artists, tracks, albums and so on from my pc to xbox!! Yeeah! I don't understand why those services were turned off, but it works like a charm now!

Thanks again!

Sorry this didn't help.

Whoo! Glad to hear it's working for you man! :D

Sorry this didn't help.