Problem signing in to xbox live account

Hello,

I recently set up two xbox live accounts for my kids' new 360 console.  Each of them are able to sign in to xbox live when they're playing a game by themselves.  But when they both want to sign in and play a game together, the first account will sign in fine, but the second will get an error message that they can't be signed in right now and to try again later (error code 80070057).  I've been troubleshooting for a while today and can't figure out the problem.  Any advice for this xbox newbie is appreciated!  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Just curious - why do they _both_ need to sign into Xbox Live if they are going to play against one another ??

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All I know right now is this:  I'm unable to have them both playing any game together, online or off.  Using Minecraft as an example, my one son will sign in and be playing just fine, but when my other son wants to join him, he is unable to do so and we get the message and error code in my original post.  Like I said, I'm an Xbox newbie.  So I have a feeling that I'm overlooking something simple.  I just don't know what it is yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.