Problem "loading" a game from a disk,...sigh

HI u guys - hey I got a problem, how come my xbox keeps "loading" a game and it taking forever!! I have the disk but for reason it won't take it. Any ideals?!!! i'm stumped.....do I need to "start" all over and restore to factory defaults?!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Hi KillingShark123, 

Sorry you're having issues loading a disc on your Xbox. The first thing you should try is a hard reset. To do this with your console on, hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds until the Xbox quickly shuts off. After that, power the console back on and see if you can load a game. If that doesn't work try clearing your persistent storage. From your Home screen, press Menu on your controller, and go to Settings. In settings select Disk and Blueray Settings. Select Disc and blueray, then Clear persistent Storage. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What hydro said, If you see a green Xbox One loading screen you did it right. DO NOT FACTORY RESET, its not gonna help your disc tray.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with my sons Xbox one, started on advanced warfare and now spread to all his games. Could this solution be used for this problem?

Sorry this didn't help.