PRoblem logging in to xbox live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, here we go.  Hopefully someone out there can help me with this problem.  We got a new Xbox 360 for Christmas, and transferred all of our files from the old Xbox 360.  Now we are trying to log in to Xbox Live, and do not know what the password is.  My nephew set the account up years ago, and does not remember the password either.  We got the reset password from Live support, and followed the instructions, but the reset link was sent to the email address that was associated with Xbox Live.  My nephew no longer uses that address, and does not remember the password.  We tried to reset that password, but evidently my nephew just entered random information, so we cannot reset the email password either!  So, Xbox Live support says that my only other option is to create a new gamer tag and transfer the remaining monhs of our subscription to it.  We have had this gamer tag for about 5 years now, so you can imagine how I feel if I have to give up all the achievements and gamer score that we have built up.  So, does anyone out there have any suggestions on what we can do? And no, this is not the gamer tag that I am posting this message from.   Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Lego - Unfortunately due to the randomized information your nephew entered, I believe that the Windows LIVE ID team is correct in that the only available course of action in this case would be to create a new account. I'm sorry we couldn't help more!

Sorry this didn't help.

Having similiar problem...did you ever resolve issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there FixedSuperior25! We'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this if you create your own thread in this forum! Make sure to include a detailed description of your issue, any error messages you receive and any steps you've already tried. :)

Sorry this didn't help.