Problem Downloading Gamertag

Several days ago I attempted to download a my Xbox live profile on a second Xbox that I use from my workplace.  It recognized my account and password, saying "Hi <gamertag>, downloading your profile"  Halfway through the download it pops up with the error "Sorry, something's wrong with your Microsoft account. Go to https://account.live.com for help. " Error code: 80151012.  

I went to the site and followed the steps which involved resetting my password, setting up two-step verification and "recovering" my account, even though I never lost my account.  None of those things helped, so I contacted customer support.  They had me go through the same list of steps that I had already gone through and then they told me they would escalate the problem.  It has been 2 days since that and I have not received any communication.  To make it worse this has also prevented me from logging in from my home machine so I am paying for a service that I am not receiving.  Fed up with all of this I went to the Xbox live site and cancelled my auto-renewal. I was greeted with the error: "A problem has occurred cancelling your auto-renewal".  Needless to say, I am a bit peeved.

So, if someone could fix this problem and refund me for the lost service...that would be great.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi,

If your account has already been escalated then it would take longer than 2 days for a situation like this to be resolved. I'm not sure if you were quoted a time for sometimes it can take anywhere from 7-15 business days for a resolution in a case like this (time varies dependent on the issue).

As far as your issue with turning off automatic renewal, if you're not able to do so on the website you can contact phone support directly and they can turn it off for you so you're not charged.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have set up 2 step verification make sure you are trying to download the gamertag with the app password. Or simply turn it off( which I actually suggest ) . Make sure there is an alternate email and a phone number though and make sure they don't say verify underneath.  <-- those two are very important.

Once this is done go to the xbox go to system>storage>highlight the hard drive and press Y > clear the system cache x 3.

Turn the xbox off and back on then try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, I am using the app password (otherwise it would not get to the downloading step).  I started with 2-step set to off, but they told me I needed to turn it on.  I also cleared the cache 3 times.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the info Gorflive,

Looking into your account, it does appear to have been escalated and moving in the right direction. What was the turn-around-time given to you by support?  

Sorry this didn't help.