Problem connecting to Live

Hello all. I just bought a new 360 250 gb bundle with the built in wifi. I have 2 other xbox's in my house that could connect to live without an issue. It's a wireless connection I run with a Belkin router. I tried setting it up with the new xbox and I can't connect to live. It says can't contact live but can connect to the Internet. What it does during the test is it fails at the live part and asks me to do an update and I click okay and then it says cant do the update because cant connect. Doesn't make sense.

Status Code is: 3CD6 - 0000 - 0080 - 0200 - 8015 - 1909

I even opened up all the ports Xbox said, even though that's prob not necessary cuz I never had them opened for my other xbox's, reset all the connections for a minute and set them back up. Still no go. And, I'm not positive, but my brothers xbox's in other rooms I believe can't connect to live now that I was setting this new one up.

Anyone have an idea here? Live is up and running.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello,

The update could not be downloaded from Xbox LIVE. Try the following:

1. Try installing the update again.
  2. If you're having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox LIVE, see Xbox LIVE connection problems.

Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or CD. See Troubleshoot console software update problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

definitely try the previous suggestion. you wont be able to connect until you get that update. but also, where did you buy your xbox? was it actually BRAND SPANKIN NEW, or somewhat used? this status code may indicate that you have an xbox that has been tampered with, and it won't allow you to run the update. i can't be sure though because i dont have access to what that code actually means. if you can't update your xbox any other way, then call in to support and provide them that status code, they can look it up and give you a difinitive answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.