problem connecting to live due to router password

hey so my problem is that i used to have my xbox live hooked up to my wireless network when my network didnt have a security password. then, i decided to get a password for my wireless network and my live no longer works. i tried to find a place in the xbox dashboard area where i could input the new password. i tried going to "connect to xbox live" and then it took me to a place where i select either a wired or wireless network. there is currently a check in the upper right corner of the wired option, and when i try to select wireless, it says i need to connect a wireless networking adapter to my console. i already have an adapter made by pelican and it worked fine before i added a password to my wireless network. any ideas on how i can get my adapter to register the newly created password?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

System settings > Networks settings > select your wireless network > Configure network

Go to the additional settings and "Restore to factory defaults"

Then turn the xbox off and back on, go back to the screen to select your network and it will prompt for the password.

If that doesn't work then you'll need to hook the pelican adapter up to your computer and configure it from there - the manual for the adapter should be on the pelican website, if it doesn't help then call pelican tech support, it is a 3rd party adapter so it may not work the way the Microsoft one does.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

when i go to newtork settings and try to select my wireless network, it says i have to connect an adapter. but i already have an adapter and it worked before i made a password. when you say configure network, you mean under the wireless option of network settings, right? because if so, i cannot get there because of the message that pops up saying i need to connect an adapter

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Does your pelican adapter hook up with network cable or by USB? If you connection hooks up with a network cable then your adapter is a wireless bridge, it is not a wireless adapter, your connection is wired. Configure network is under any and all networks that could or would show up, so it's under wired as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

it hooks up with a network cable, so i should treat it as a wired network? does the password go in the PPPoE part under additional settings?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, you need to plug your Pelican adapter into your computer and configure it using the instructions that came with it.

Sorry this didn't help.