Problem connecting to Black Ops with BT Home Hub 3

Hi

Since switching my ISP to BT (big mistake) I've had a lot of problems whilst playing online (COD Black Ops) My connection would often drop halfway through a game, or I when I tried to go online I would get the message: the black ops server is not available at this time I tried resetting my router (Home Hub 3) and sometimes that would work and I'd be able to get back online.

But in the last few days all I get is the black ops server is not available at this time message and nothing I do (restart router, factory reset router, restart xbox, assign static IP, Assign manual DNS servers, sign in with different account) seems to work. The odd thing is that I still have a good connection to Xbox Live with an open NAT so it seems to be a problem specific to Black Ops.

I've looked through various forums and have tried setting up port forwarding for Black Ops from the guide on www.portforward.com, but when I do the Home Hub gives me the message:

Conflict

The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device.

I haven't assigned another application to the Xbox 360, or any other device so this makes no sense. I googled the error message and no one seems to have any solution for this problem...

If anyone has any idea on how I can fix this problem and get Black Ops back online it would be much appreciated.

My details are below:

Based in UK

Router is the BT Home Hub 3

Network is Wireless (Although I've tried it wired and have the same problems)

UPnP is on

NAT type is open

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi! It seems like you've done a lot of troubleshooting already. :) Does your router allow you to place devices in a DMZ? If so, could you try placing your Xbox 360 there?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the DMZ - didn't work. Then after two days not working, when I'd just about given up hope I tried it again and it worked! Not sure how long it'll last though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.