Problem connecting at University.

I am using the 250G Xbox. I have run the xbox live connection test multiple time and the final connection always fails. This is due to an insufficent MTU setting. However sense I live on campus and use the campus internet, I have no way to change these settings. I have tried connecting both wirelessly and hard wired with an ethernet cable. Is there any way to get around this?

The only way I have been able to get Live to work is if I make a network bridge from my laptop via the ehternet cable. This allows me to sign into Live on the dashboard, join a party, but as soon as I go to play multiplayer it disconnects and I am forced to re-run the network test to be able to sign in. These random disconnects also occur if just on the dashboard.

As a side note, and I know this is the Xbox forum, but as comparison both my laptop and my PS3 face no issues connecting and running the internet/multiplayer.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi, some Uni's have to have devices registered before they will work, did you have to register your PC before it would connect? www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../103-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes the internet requires a login, however last year on the same campus we could log into live and it would just be limited. The issue just seems to be the insufficent MTU that I can't seem to get around without ICS

Sorry this didn't help.

That would suggest to me that they are blocking the Xbox live ports you would have to ask the network admin about that

Sorry this didn't help.