Prepaid Microsoft points redemption error

Ok so I bought a prepaid card yesterday but waited till today to use it to change my gamertag ‘little peeker’ but after I went out rite after and bout another 1400 prepaid microsoft points and put it in this error code pops up ‘801613FB’ so I tried it a few more times even went online and did it same deal. So I called in and was told the error was it wasn’t active but I got the activation receipt saying it had been so I went back to the store talked to them got a new one tried that and same message again I made sure it was activated but not working. Is there anything that can b done because that’s 45 bucks out of my pocket here that I’m very unhappy with losing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I had something similar happen when I bought two 1400 point cards from a Petro Canada convenience store last year.   The receipt said both were activated but I wasn't able to redeem them.  Went back to the store and they confirmed they were activated on their end.

I had bought cards from there before and they worked right away so I couldn't understand why I was having issues.  The solution was just to wait a few hours and the codes worked.  It turns out there was some kind of delay from the point-of-sale authorization system to Microsoft's servers.

In fact I tried to purchase a couple 1400 point cards from another PetroCan store one night and they told me they couldn't sell them as their system doesn't do activations for the cards after 11pm.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yah I was thinking that. Thanks I'll try again later and repost of it doesn't work but I'm sure that's what it Is

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.