prepaid five digit number question.

hey question

how dose entering five digit prepaid card number work on filling forum to recover password on widows id?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 153 Applies to:

Hey there,

I've never heard of a prepaid card being needed for recovery.
Normally you would receive an email with a verification code or a link on the email account tied to your Microsoft I.D.

This would prevent a random person access to your MS account. Since they cant access your email to retrieve the code or link, they can not change your password
and steal your account.

Lets say they managed to have access to your main email account, with the security proofs, it should make it harder for them to steal your account since they would need access to a mystery email too in order to make any changes or recoveries.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi there here story.

i have another xboxlive account mostly for acheivments and i took long break from xbox world. then i got the halo 4 consolde and so i try to move my gamer profile on to the halo 4 one from old xbox. but once i did that i had to put in password. and stuff so i try to recover my window id. at first i remeber my security code but it odd cause it easy one yet it didn't work. so i try other ones that i might have use but mosty i remeber first code to it. so i desidied to fill out forum and once again odd thing i fill it out best i can yet it didn't work. i try again and i saw at billing for last digites for prepaid card. so i was like mmm i save the prepaid cards i used on that accout and fill it out and enter digits of the cards but that didn't work. so it was almost end of the year so i put the game profile back on to the other xbox and it work like i can play game on it and stuff on my gamerprofile. so when my year was up i renew my xboxlive for another year by redeeming the prepaid cards and yes it worked, my xboxlive account was good for another year on that xbox. so i figer i try and recover my windows id link to that account so i can move it to my halo 4 consolde. so i try to once again put in right security code and it didn't work. so i fill out forum and at enter last five digits perpaid card number area i enter last five digits of prepaid card i use to renew my account and it didn't work. now since the card i use to renew my account was halo 4 prepaid card i also got this halo4 bonus embro thing and so i use last digits number on that as well since i redeem that code as well. i fill out forum few times. see if it worked and it didn't. so i was doing some more research and since windows id last 270 days if you leave it and don't do anything or something like that. so since i left my windows id alone for long time i starting to think that A. the windows id got shutdown. b. it got hack. witch sound like it did cause i know my security code and i fill out forum right but it didn't work. now few days ago i did test since i have another windows id but linked to this gamer profile account i useing to read this story so i fill out forum the way i fill out other forum but didn't put in prepaid card number thing. and it work like it recover account or gave me link to change passwords etc.. now i don't think i can call support to eather shut down xboxlive live account or have request to have temperary email replacement. like they replace hacked email with tempery email address untill i put new email address. cause they need my right info to match windows id and if filling out forum didn't work then ya doubt going to work on calling support. any other options i might have missed?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me see if I can get this right.

You got a new console and you tried to move your gamertag to it and thats when the problem started.
The prompt you saw is normal. When you try to access a gamertag on a new console, you would always be required to enter your info on the first time.
The only thing you should have to enter is your email and password.

It's been a few months since the last time I did this...but I remember going to my cousins house so we could do some local co-op. I moved my profile to a memory card, popped it in and entered definitely entered my password and I think I had to enter my email too. That was the first and last time. I was able to log into my account he next time we played without having to enter it again.

Do you still have access to the email account that is tied to your old account?

What you can do is try to sign into this website with your old gamertag's info. Put in the email and what you think the password is for that account. Remember that the password is case sensitive so make sure the correct letters are capitalized and/or lowercase too.

If you still cant log into your account, you can then click on the "Forgot my password" option. With that, you should then receive an email supplying you with the steps on creating a new password for your old account.

Once you finished all of the steps, you should be able to log into this site. Once that works, you can now move the profile and enter the new password. If the password still doesnt work, you will have to download it from the servers.

Sorry this didn't help.

What is a prepaid card number

Sorry this didn't help.