Prepaid 3M Xbox LIVE Gold - Credit Card problems

So, my Xbox Live Gold service was running out on the 17th, so we turned off auto renew on the account.  I bought a 3 Month prepaid card.  Under My Account, it says it will expire on 2/17/2012, but I keep getting emails that my service will be interrupted if I don't put new credit card info onto my account.  Are these legit MS emails?  If so, why am I getting them? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 106 Applies to:

You can double check your account at https://billing.microsoft.com to make sure auto-renewal is turned off and everything is correct. If it looks like there's something wrong you'll need to call support and speak to billing to make sure it's all sorted out correctly. Otherwise, the emails should just be reminders and you should be fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is an Outstanding balance from your previous Subscription. It is looking for a charge that has not been settled and It will suspended your 3m code unless adressed.

Sorry this didn't help.

How is there an outstanding balance?  It was set to expire on 11/17/11, and I put the 3 month code in on 11/14, THREE DAYS PRIOR.  Plus, I turned off automatic renewal as soon as the option became available on the website again.  Absolutely nothing should have been charged to me.  

In fact, here is my email:

"Dear OhHaiZombie, 

Your subscription to Prepaid 3M Xbox LIVE Gold will expire on Friday, February 17, 2012. To avoid a possible interruption of your subscription service, please renew your subscription by Friday, February 17, 2012. 

To extend your subscription..."

So, where are these charges coming in?

Sorry this didn't help.

billing date isn't the same as the renewal date all the time

you can check this at https://billing.microsoft.com or calling support as it is the best option so they can explain it

Sorry this didn't help.

So, wait, because they tried to bill be sooner than they should have, I'm screwed?  We no longer have an account with the bank that issued the old debit card, that is one of the main reasons I bought a prepaid subscription card, because I had no other way to pay for Xbox Live.  And if there is a problem, why is my 3 month card active?  I'm not losing time that I paid for because of a screwy billing process.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok from what i gathered

first off the autorenewal off was only added recently on the website this month so you only could've done it less then a 1month ago

2nd if your last purchase of a membership did not settle lets say buy 1month for 1dollar

you still owe that outstanding balance

like we said look at the billing site or contact support to find out what the oustanding charge is

we can't comment on anything that we cannot see

(regular users)

but xbox support over the phone can

Sorry this didn't help.