Pre-orders for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Has anyone seen any sites offering pre-orders for this yet?  So far I have only seen ShopTo offering a pre-order for this (£21.85, which looks like a steal to me).  I'm surprised that Amazon UK, Play.com, Game and Gamestation aren't taking pre-orders yet, the game is out in just over a month.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

whats different over super sf4 ?

I've not seen anything yet, just had a quick look to confirm and only Play have any listing of it at all (but you can't buy it yet). It may be a case that as it's also available as DLC a lot of retailers won't stock it at all. Personally I would like a new retail version and £21.85 does seem pretty reasonable.

[quote user="ingoish456"]

whats different over super sf4 ?

[/quote]

New characters, revised characters (Evil Ryu and Oni/Akuma), character balancing and a host of other tweaks to the game and spectator modes.

I believe it was Satayana who said something along the lines of...

"Those who forget the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them".

A few more re-releases of this title and there will be more versions than the original character set for "SFIV".

Az

[quote user="BigSilverBear"]

I've not seen anything yet, just had a quick look to confirm and only Play have any listing of it at all (but you can't buy it yet). It may be a case that as it's also available as DLC a lot of retailers won't stock it at all. Personally I would like a new retail version and £21.85 does seem pretty reasonable.

[/quote]The listing on Play.com has been there for a while, but has never had a price next to it.

Az, please keep your off topic gibberish to yourself, thank you.

tar ... 22 for a new game is decent, but its just a tweaked version of a tweaked version, isnt it ? :)

i missed super coz had sf4, may get this tho ...

"Az, please keep your off topic gibberish to yourself, thank you"

ha, ive noticed he picks stuff he hates at most games, i dont think he likes any games tbh :)

edit : thisisajoke

Fairly sure they're releasing DLC for SSFIV which will make it the same as the Arcade edition. Surely that's a better option if you already have the game (which it seems is the case)

[quote user="Malesoun"]

[Az, please keep your off topic gibberish to yourself, thank you.

[/quote]

He makes a good point.  There's been about 12 different versions of Street Fighter IV since it first came out in 2009.

What makes this version any different from the Super Street Fighter IV version that came out last year besides a few new character skins?

[quote user="FiDRoC"]

Fairly sure they're releasing DLC for SSFIV which will make it the same as the Arcade edition. Surely that's a better option if you already have the game (which it seems is the case)

[/quote]

They are, the DLC is being released much earlier (7th June) than the retail release and will cost 1200 MSP.  Personally, I would much rather get the full disc that is being released on the 24th June.  After trading in my SSFIV and getting the SSFIVAE at this price I'm not going to be that much worse off than I would be if I kept SSFIV and got the DLC for it.