Power Supply

Hello. I have a xbox 360 s. My problem is the wire of my power brick was damaged. One of the wires was disconnected.

Now i tried to reconnect the wires. I cut the damaged part then rewired all of the wires. When I plug it in the power bricks led is orange. But when i turn the console on the brick becomes green then red. What should I do? Thanks. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I tried to press the eject button twice. It beeps but does not eject, the power bricks color is still orange. When i press the power button the power bricks led becomes green for a sec then it becomes red.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You definitely shouldnt have cut the power cord and try to refuse it. That kills your option to have microsoft repair it or your console. You wont be able to trade it in anywhere either. If it wasnt cut, you could have traded it in for at least some store credit towards getting a new one. Now your best option is to either replace that cord or buy a new/used xbox. When replacing the cord, make sure you are getting the right model as there are like three different models of power cords.  

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try to request a functioning power supply from microsoft support. This probably will incur a fee (if Microsoft will offer it at their discretion) as ANY unauthorized service is a violation of the TOS.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. Pls tell me what to do. I already bought a new power brick but when i plug it in, the color is orange then i power the console and color changes from orange to green then orange and green again it doesnt stop. Pls help

Sorry this didn't help.