Power supply replacement denied

I had a lenghty chat with support today. The reprecentative was very nice ( hence I removed the name) the resolution was not forthcomming. Now I have read about how to go around the block - but as I have no German friends I am still at a loss. Here is the transcript: XX_c_service: Thank you for contacting Xbox Support. My name is XX_c_service, with whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today? you: I was recently on vacation in the US and bought an xbox one. When I got home to Norway and my kids unpacked it, it turns out the powersupply can not be used here. Can I order a replacement powersupply for 220V from you? XX_c_service: I do apologize Vidar but we do not sell power supplies. What I can recommend is buying one thru Ebay or Amazon. XX_c_service: I have not heard from you for a while. Do you still need assistance? you: Hmm - but you do replacements as far as I know? The one I have now will be instantly destroyed if I plug it in... The ones off ebay/amazon are 3rd parties, but if you deem them usable that might be an option. Could I not just order a replacement powersupply off you? XX_c_service: We will be more than happy to replace your power supply if it is defective in any way. But to be honest with you when we replace it we will be requiring you to send us your power supply and we will send you a replacement one. XX_c_service: But keep in mind the power supply that we send you will be the same as the one that the console came with. you: That was not what I ment - tricking you with deliberately destroying it. It just seems strange that you would not let me have a replacement powersupply for the xbox one I have bought. If people were to move with their xbox one now, it would be useless in the country they moved to. Surely that is not the way it is supposed to be. I know I made the error in the first place, but as you have a monopoly on selling the original powersupplies, then I shhould be able to order such a thing from you? XX_c_service: I do understand where you are coming from but I'm going to be honest with you. We do not sell power supplies, we do replace them if they become damaged in any way. I do apologize but we would not be able to supply you with the proper power supply required for your country. Can I ask you a question if you don't mind? you: Sure. XX_c_service: Are you able to purchase a power adapter that you can connect the power supply to and the other end connects to your outlet? That way you would not need to replace your power supply you would just need that adapter. you: Yes i can. But the power- brick from the US is 110volts and the power in Norway(and Europe) is 220volts. On the xbox 360 it is different - that works on both voltages, so this is not an issue with the old 360. It is not a socket problem on the xbone. You see? XX_c_service: Ok I understand thank you for explaining that to me I really appreciate it, to be honest with you I'm not aware of the different volts in different country's. XX_c_service: But I'm going to be honest with you we can not provide you with the power supply that you would need. We can recommend that you get thru Ebay or Amazon. I understand that its a third party but I just want to be honest with you. you: No problem. My problem is still not resolved though. I was so hoping for Microsoft to come trough - I know there are ways around this (ordering a replacement powersupply) but then I need a German address to send it to. I just did not think Microsoft would be like that - it''s not good press. Thanks for the honesty though. XX_c_service: Your welcome I just don't want to give you false information because I know I would not want to get lied to. I do apologize again that there wasn't more that I can do for you. Was there anything else that I could help you with today? you: No - nothing else. Have a nice day. XX_c_service: I just to thank you again for contacting Xbox Support. You will be getting a short survey about our chat today. If you could please take a few moments to let us know how we are doing it would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day Vidar.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 95 Applies to:

Hi there please just make one thread about your issue. Thats what the policy is your probably going to have to look on ebay or amazon for the correct power supply for your home.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry about the double post.

The whole point of the post was to whine about M$ policy on this.  I am very unhappy about it. I can't believe I have been so stupid as to buy something from a company who would treat their customers like this.  I know it probably serves me right,  but that doesn't make it feel any better.

I am sorry fo the whining but it needs to come out...

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand as a gamer myself i dont understand it either but thats the way it is sorry

Sorry this didn't help.

I really don't see how you can be upset at Microsoft for this.  You bought a product in a foreign country that has a different voltage.  They sell the products with appropriate power supplies in the countries they are sold in.

Why not just do as suggested and either get the correct one elsewhere if possible or get a transformer to convert it?  You can get a device that will convert the 220 to 110 and also correct for the different in outlets as well.  

Sorry this didn't help.

But you can buy a replacement from Microsoft - just do the following :-

Go to my service.xbox.com

Register console and log in

Devices>xboxone>replace an accessory

Pick 'power supply' and click 'next'

Oddly, select 'accessory not shown'

Check you're set to proper locale - uk or Germany in top right and NOT usa

Place order etc

Sorry this didn't help.