Power on issues and shuts down by itself

I received my xbox one as a birthday present a week ago.  While playing or just busy on it, the console turns off by itself. Tonight when it did it again after playing it refused to turn back on. I have unplugging the brick for a couple of minutes and plugged it back in but the console doesn't turn on. The light comes on and then turns off again. On the brick the light goes from orange to white and back to orange. Now the console is not responding at all. From what I can read on the forums this sounds to be a problem on the xbox one. Some say its the brick and others say its the console.

What can the problem be? The unit is brand new. And it did this from day one. But now its completely dead. The brick light stays orange. 

I need help please!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Since it was just purchased take it back to where it was purchased and get it exchanged.  That would probably be the easiest solution at this point.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Before that, make sure the console is plugged directly into the wall, not a power strip. I would also try the rest of the troubleshooting here: support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the quick reply, My friend bought the console over seas where he works. So its going to be difficult to take it back...lol. I did however register my unit. If it does need to be replaced, can I take it to Microsoft here in my country?

Thank you for the link, I will check it out and see what I can do that has not already been done.

Mutch appriciated!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you should be able to send it in no matter where it was purchased. To start a service order, head to http://myservice.xbox.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you kindly!

I will do some more troubleshooting at home tonignt. If all fails then I will get in contact with them.

Sorry this didn't help.