Power issue - IRATE

.........not even 12 hours after purchasing this system I am experiencing a system issue. I have followed every step, I have made sure that every cord is tightly secured and yet this $500 device does not work. The Xbox light turns on for about 5 seconds and the system shuts off. I purposely waited 2 months to get this so that basic issues with TURNING ON and TURNING OFF would not happen. 

Now I am reading that this is something that I have to notify Microsoft...and wait weeks for replacement parts and etc. Unbelievable...This is absolutely ridiculous.

Now I have to suffer the inconvenience of driving all the way back to Best Buy to get a new system, because I'll be damned if I'm dealing with you (Microsoft).

And if this second xbox doesn't work, you can kiss my *** goodbye. I will switch to a working PS4 and save myself $100. (Like you guys even care)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sounds like you got a dud , its not plugged into a surge protector by any chance is it ?  I would just return it to Best Buy for a new one.......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No it wasn't plugged into a surge protector. But I did bring it back first thing that next morning. Exchanged it for another one and told them to check to make sure the new one worked. The second one did the same thing. Thankfully the 3rd one worked and still works. But Xbox/Microsoft needs to get their crap together. 2 devices in a row? And more people are having the same issue!! All hell would have broken loose had I went home with that second broken one...

Sorry this didn't help.

Good call. My power supply failed Dec 17th and I made the mistake of contact Xbox support. Over a week ago I was told my issue would finally be escalated. Still waiting. Ending up ordering my own power supply, but either way I'm *** and still waiting.

Sorry this didn't help.