Power Button?

My xbox wont turn off all the way it just blinks when i tap the power button and just blinks green till i tap it again then it turns on for alittle then off again is this bad or is it gonna break my xbox or something? it just started to happen and ive never seen it happen before and doesnt seem like it happens often so please help? or tell me what it is or what to do to stop it

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there Vulneray, from what is sounds like is your Background Downloads is enabled. To check to see if it's enabled, go to your system settings>console settings>Startup and Shutdown>Background Downloads. Check to see if that is enabled. Hope that helps. Let me know if that is the cause.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with RedOneFlyer, you might have background downloads activated.  If not, it is the same way my old Xbox 360 Pro (origional) worked.  It was a slow, freezing, piece of dog crap.  It just took its time turning off, like it had all the time in the world..  if its really bothering you, take it to best buy and have them look at it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Its not really bothering me just was weird when i turned it off n came back and it was flashing lol ill check if i have background downloads thank you for the help :) and if it keeps up ill probably take it to best buy since its down the road lol thanks again just kinda scared me since ive had RROD like 4 times so didnt want it again >.<

Sorry this didn't help.

RedOneFlyer that was on and i turned it off thank you helped alot :) never even knew that was there might turn it on later since i dont 100% know what it does

Sorry this didn't help.

I had wondered about this too, but I just chesked and since I use the cloud service I can't disable the background downloads. So now that I know what that is I feel better and can ignore it. I had thought it was downloading an update or something the first time it happened.

Sorry this didn't help.