Power Brick failure.

I have an xbox360 slim. Last year I had to replace the original power brick; the fan stopped working, and it overheated in about 30 mins. Instead of cleaning the dust out of it, I went online and bought another one with the serial: X803215-002. I think is an after market ac adapter. I was playing Boarderlands 2 a couple nights ago and it just randomly turned off. I tapped to power on button on the xbox it and the fan on the brick turned on for a half a second, and they died again. The light on the brick blinks on and off. When I unplug the brick from the xbox, the thing blinks a couple of times and then stays lit in standby mode. Now neither the fan nor the xbox will turn on. I think its a clogged fan again. any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Xbox does not support 3rd party hardware for their system and that's what the item you purchased looks like.

You would be better off purchasing an official Xbox 360 power brick from the following site.

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

It is a little more expensive than what is offered online but it will last a lot longer.  When I needed to purchase a new one I got it within a day.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.