Post Xbox 360 ?

Will our gamerscores carry over? Will all the stuff that I bought.. arcade games and Zune market place be downloadable on the new Xbox? Will I be able to use my account on the 360 and the new one? How long will we be able to play 360 games online after the next one launches? Curious-Does anyone know if you can you still play original Xbox games online? Just some things I have been thinking about. Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

We could carry accounts over from the original Xbox to the 360 when it was released, so I don't see why they can't do that when a new Xbox is released.

It will be a sad day when Halo 3 servers go down :(

It will probably be similar to the transition from Xbox to Xbox 360 where they will continue to let you play on the 360 for some time and personally i think they will carry accounts over.  Regular Xbox accounts were carried over from Xbox to 360.  Gamerscore im not really sure of.  As for arcade games and things of that nature they probably wont be carried over due to it being a different console with new software inside so the games may have to be in a new format.  But those were good questions hopefully we will learn more in the near future about this new product from Microsoft.

I have no doubt you will be able to move your account over easily. I just wonder if you can move it back and forth. If they dont move the gamerscore over it will make gamerscore useless to me. If you cant keep arcade games then I will definitly buy less downloadable games next time. I feel like they will probably turn off servers to the most popular games ASAP. When they shut down the Halo 2 servers off it made the last few original Xbox owners jump off their butt quick and buy a 360.