Post Repair Xbox Still Broken? Controllers will not connect

Hey guys.   New here due to a persistent issue with my console.  Ill start from the beginning.  My console had been working fine for about 6-8 months (since purchase brand new 250g Slim) and one day, I went to turn it on with the controller, it does turn on, but the controller will not connect and just flashes the four green lights. Now, I know how to sync a controller and have tried over and over again to do so with multiple (over 4) separate controllers to no avail.  Even through USB controllers, I cant connect but I can power it on.   Tried all the stuff I read online about unplugging the console waiting and plugging back in and nothing.  Moved it to another room to make sure there was no physical interference and even went so far as to turn off all other devices I thought could be sending out a conflicting signal.  Nothing. So I called up xbox, explained it, mailed it in and got it back. Got it back with a letter stating there was no problem with the console so they sent it back immediately with no repair.  And the situation repeats.  No controllers will connect. 

I currently have a roommate with an xbox from 2 years ago and one with a PS3 that work flawlessly.  Why would mine act like this?  Should I go through support again and risk another "no problems found" note?  Just looking for some general advice here.  Thanks for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I thought I covered it in the original post but Ive tried every single thing on there multiple times with no help.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Are there any other wireless devices in the room (example: Cordless phones,Wireless modems, Wireless routers,Laptops. ECT.?)

Sorry this didn't help.

No cordless phones, no routers, no modems and just one laptop but it wont work even with the laptop off.  

Funny thing is, the room that has the modem, router and laptop is my roommates with the xbox thats functioning great.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just started getting the same issue.  A full power cycle was able to fix the problem twice, but now nothing will work.  I went through the online and phone troubleshooting and still nothing.  Their final recommendation is to send it in for repair.  Although after reading your repair story, I don't think it is worth it.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, I just went through the power cycle again.  I left everything unplugged for an hour including the controller and now it is working.  I don't understand, but I'm going to play Black OPS until it craps out again.  

Sorry this didn't help.