Possibly stolen xbox 360

Hi
I sold my xbox on the 4th of Dec and sent it by a carrier who have
(according to the buyer) handed it over to the wrong person.
I am in the process of making a claim and possibly taking the carrier to
court for driver negligence however I have been told the the box is
possibly trackable.
Is this true?
I have the serial number of the box as I understand that is important.
I followed instructions on how to put the box back to factory settings
before selling it.
It does look like either the buyer is either lying and trying to get her
money back by saying she hasn't received it (the parcel was signed for but
not by the buyer) hence the claim she did not receive it or the xbox has
been stolen.
If its true it can be tracked who do I call in microsoft please (UK)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think Microsoft will only deal with the police in regards to tracking a xbox but it may still be worth giving them a call.

Don't mind giving the police a call but suppose i'd better wait till the outcome of the carriers report, have asked for it in writing but probably won't get it, i may give them a call before i pursue the small claims court though.

any idea the number i ring to inform ms? can't find it on the net.

If i were you mate call the police and then advise the buyer you have done so,if theyre scamming you they will definatly change their mind about it not supposedly turning up,this is the worst thing about Ebay,there are so many people out their doing this non stop its disgusting ebay havent done something about it.

its no ebays fault though, the person payed me by paypal and i sent it, i removed funds from paypal (its in the bank now) the carrier picked it up but unfortunately the driver got the wrong signature but he says he delivered it, the buyer says he didn't so its down to me to sort things out, if the buyer goes to paypal they will probably pay them back and try to claim back from me, so if I sue the carrier i may get the money back but some PERSON has the xbox and i would like to trace it, if the trace told the police it was their ip address then ok no case, if the ip address was some other urchin then hopefully the police would prosecute as its theft. Personally im not sure, is it the buyer (who has 100% feedback) is it the driver (risking his/her job) or did he/she hand it over in good faith to some person who was at the right place at the right time??

Did you use parceforce? Anyway, you should have received a tracking number from the company. Go to their website and track it. It'll show the signature of the person who signed for it. (You may be able to make out the buyers surname, or someone elses) As long as it's not a scribble!

Edit: Just realised you said the parcel was signed for, but not by the buyer (So I'm assuming you've already checked)... Is the signature readable? Perhaps the buyer knows a neighbour with the same surname? The driver should have atleast put a card through her door, saying which address it had been left at. No wonder things go missing or get stolen, idiots!

been through all that with the buyer, they rang around and the signature shows a name not known to them, not parcel force its a carrier, have used them several times, no they didn't leave a card as they were met at the gate, bloody awful to sort out. Don't know who to believe thats why tracking it may give the answer its been almost a week now for a 24 hr delivery.

Don't know what to do first, whether the police will take a case so soon, of course someone may get a nice christmas present then to find the police knocking on the door (i hope)

I would still go down the police route mate,at the end of the day its simple theft whichever way you look at it,the person who signed knows they didnt buy an xbox and thought they could get one or something for free by signing,that in my eyes is theft as they did not pay for it.

Just my opinion so please dont shoot me down.

Right first of all, the driver shouldnt have given the parcel to someone he met at the gate, without first checking they live at the address.

-

Secondly, the courier firm have to prove they delivered it to the addressee. If as above, he hasn't checked, then they are at fault.

-

You could try and get the police involved, but i think they will be reluctant, as the courier firm will have their own fraud inspector, or should have.

Yeah the driver is at fault. You paid for delivery to the door. If he didn't check that the person he gave it to lived there he is at fault and responsible