Possible to turn OFF Beacon notifications?

Ok, seriously, I'm getting annoyed at this nonsense now. This Beacon rubbish. Whenever I'm playing a game now, this stupid beacon thing makes a notification pop up and tells me when someone has started playing  a game. It also constantly tells me that someone is looking for friends to play the game with, over and over. 

I do not constantly want or need to know that someone  on my friends list has just started playing a game I'm playing. I do not want to constantly be informed every few minutes that someone (always the same person that it first appears for) is looking for friends to play a game with. It's ridiculous.

Is there anyway to just turn off these ridiculous beacon notifications? And I mean just the beacon notifications, not notifications altogether.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was wondering this as well - havent done much exploring but the beacons are annoying. Not to mention I'll be playing a different game like Assassins Creed and it sends a beacon to my friends saying I want to play Call of Duty with them...lol

Well, I think you can turn your beacon off that sends one saying you wanna play COD with them even when you're playing AC. You can just do that in your beacon setting for COD. If you don't do that though, they'll keep getting them and there's nothing they can do to stop it. Unless there is a way to turn off receiving beacon notifications.

I'd like to punch whoever came up with this beacon rubbish. And the people that tested it and said it was a good idea.

SteveV

They are annoying and I haven't seen ONE thread, saying they liked them.  An option to turn them off, needs to be put in.  The best way I've found is, play offline.  I've been doing that with Skyrim, until the next patch comes out.

I hate them. I don't care if a friend JUST started playing a certain game. I an look at my friends list for that.

I hope you didn't get the 1.2 patch for Skyrim....?

SteveV

[quote user="the sVig"]I hope you didn't get the 1.2 patch for Skyrim....?[/quote]No way!  As soon as I heard the patch was messing up the game, that's when I stopped playing it online.  Of course I've got 8-10 achievements with no date but I don't care.  Just like Dead Island.  I stopped playing it too.

But like I said, playing offline is one way to stop the beacons. 

You could also turn Notifications off for your profile.

Press the Guide Button, go to the Settings Blade and chose Preferences. Then select Notifications and you'll have a few options to disable them completely, turn off the sound or disable them during videos.

Setting your Online Status to Busy also stops notifications from popping up. Though that may have changed with the new dashboard.

[quote user="voteDC"]

You could also turn Notifications off for your profile.

Press the Guide Button, do to the Settings Blade and chose Preferences. Then select Notifications and you'll have a few options to disable them completely, turn off the sound or disable them during videos.

I believe that setting your Online Status to Busy also stops notifications from popping up. 

[/quote]

Yes, this will fix it. But, I do like seeing when my friends come online. Or if I were to get an achievement.

I turned mine off for awhile, when the beacon thing first came out but I hated not knowing when I got an achievement.   

I thought it was a good idea until I was playing guitar hero and literally 15+ notifications popped up in less then an hour. I just deleted it, and will stick to the ol' fashion way of checking my friends list to see what they are doing....  Unless there is a way to turn off the notifications while in a game, that I missed