Possible to merge some of these stickies?

Is it possible for a form mod to merge some of these form topics that are stickies? and/or have a  top section for stickies , like in the old forums. WIth all the stickies on this section there is only room for 3 normal post on the front page

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If I had my way those stickies would be merged, opened up so questions can be posted in there and any threads that can be answered by those stickies locked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think ALL the stickied threads should take up that much room on the first page. Maybe then people would see and read them before they post.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tem has my vote on this, they should remain separate and individual.
A lot of people are having enough trouble finding what they need right now, to merge stickies together could possibly make a solution harder for the users having issues to identify and act on themselves.

Better to have them in plain view where people can identify what they need easily.

Sorry this didn't help.

We (Mister Gwyther, Mister Fitzer, and I) have had this very discussion about all of these ideas before, and we feel it's best left the way it is right now. There are several reasons for that, but the main focus of our stickies is to help people quickly with minimum effort. The ability of a user to click on this forum, see their issue spelled out plainly on the first page, and get a set of troubleshooting tips that have been verified by Support personnel is pretty important to us. :)

That being said, the fact there were so many on the first page was a concern of mine, but as I typically browse the forum in "Unread" mode, I never see them anymore. :) You might give that a try! It hides all threads you've already opened, and shows all new threads, or threads that you've previously viewed that have new posts. :)  You can find that option at the top of each forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

Without wanting to sound like I'm being awkward for the sake of it but you see a lot of threads not just in this particular folder where the OP clearly hasn't bothered to read the stickies or has read them but decided to ask anyway because they didn't like the answers in said stickies. The most obvious ones are the repeated queries regarding being deranked in COD amongst other things. You ask whether the OP tried the steps in said stickies and you either get a sheepish "no" or an attacking "oh they never work" if not reponses with far more venom behind them.

If merging the stickies is off the table could we at least get more moderation of repeat questions that are answered by the stickies? I'm not adverse to someone asking "I read this sticky and I don't understand this technical point" but someone asking if they can get their rank back in COD after being deranked which is answered by a sticky is where I'd like to see a line drawn.

If it's a simple case of us reporting those threads then I'll take that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the Anser MIss Portia. I have been a member of fhe forums for sometime but sadly, don't know the names of most of you (Gwther, Fitzer,) so it is nice to meet you. It is also nice to know that I was not the only one who felt there were (or may have been) too many stickies

for now I will use the different methods to view unread post and you have suggested. Was the solution of having two tables ever brought up? Meaning that you would have

">

Stickies
author Sticky 1 Date
author Sticky 2 Date
Main Thread
author Post topic 1 Date

Something to where Stickies will always have their set section on the top and you would still have a normal size page under it? So , for example, if you are allowed 10 post per page the first page would have 10 normal post + a sticky section above it. Every other page would just have the 10 post allowed. 

anyway, just a thought. Thanks for answering my question and it was nice to meet you 

Sorry this didn't help.

Nice to meet you too! I like that idea, but unfortunately at this point in time, I don't believe we can leverage the forum easily to do that. It's certainly something I will bring up at our next forum meeting though!

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately if you put it to Unread mode that counts for every board, so you have to keep switching back and forth.

If the stickies are to stay as they are then could the thread count per page be increased? Perhaps have a user option for the amount of threads per page?

Sorry this didn't help.

I will bring that up at the next meeting. :)

Sorry this didn't help.