Possible options to use x12 headset with xbox one on a computer monitor without built in speakers.

Ok so this is a breakdown of my abomination of a gaming set up... 

I have a computer monitor with only DVI does not have HDMI port it also does not have speakers hence no audio jack ports to get video I've always used a HDMI to DVI adapter. 

Now with the xbox 360 I had been using the audio adapter for the component slot on the 360 this made it so I had both chat and game audio though my turtle beach x12 headset.  Now of coarse the x1 doesn't have a component slot so that's useless. I just bought my x1 a few days ago and it just arrived yesterday. So i've been playing with the settings and I had bought a headset adapter to try and get things working (I was under the impression with the updated controller game audio could be transmitted via the controller, guess I was wrong) Here is a link to this adapter I attempted to use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SP0WAQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00. Now with this adapter I am able to get chat audio only, I have tested and it does work.

Now I've been talking with a buddy I know and he suggested getting an optical to analog audio converter and cable with give me game sounds and chat, I'd like another opinion/option. I've already got too many cords and buying a new monitor/tv with speakers is out of the question considering I just dropped $400 bucks for the x1 itself.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 197 Applies to:
Answer

One thing I would try is getting an HDMI Audio extractor with a 3.5mm Headphone jack. You can then plug your headset speaker cable into that and the mic cable into that adapter you have then that jack into the port on the Xbox one Controller. The HDMI audio extractor should capture game and party audio, then the mic plugged into the adapter then the controller should have voice input worked out.

This is only a suggestion though I never had to deal with this issue personally, but it should work. It is also the only way I can see a solution other than shelling out for another headset then using your current one for something else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.