Possible Harddrive Failure?

Last night I turned on my Xbox 360 Elite console to play some games, only to find that my console was taking an excessive amount of time to load from the Xbox 360 logo screen (upwards of 10 seconds or more), and then would not connect to Xbox live. I have not had any problems connecting to Live in the past 3 years, nor have I had any internet problems either. The console recognizes the wireless signal within my house, but constantly fails to connect. I spoke with one of my friends who had this similar problem who told me to remove my harddrive and check to see if the console booted quickly. Sure enough, I removed the harddrive and the console booted right to the login screen within a few seconds. What possible problems could be causing these errors, and what would be the appropriate steps to take? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

One possible solution is to go to MY XBOX>SYSTEM SETTINGS>MEMORY then press 'Y' and CLEAR CACHE. Now restart the console and see if it loads normally. The second possibility is that the hard drive is faulty and in need of replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.