Possible hard drive issues?

I recently got a Reach Slim, and it's been acting borked. At first, the hard drive said "unformatted" under the menu, which I've never seen before. I formatted it, and it worked fine, and then around an hour later it disappeared completely from the menu (causing downloads to go to my memory stick). It reappeared shortly after that and worked fine all night. Today, when I turned it on, it was still working. Halfway through a Call of Duty match with my dad, the console froze, and couldn't be turned off without unplugging the entire thing. When I turned it back on the, hard drive wanted to be formatted again. I tried what I did last night, by taking it out and putting it back in several times, but nothing seemed to work. I don't want to format again, as I have saved stuff on there, but I can't tell if the hard drive itself is bummed, or if the console is messed up. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The best way to test this is to see if you can borrow a hard drive from a friend and attach there hard drive to your console and see if it acts the same way. If so you know it is the console. If your friends hard drive works fine then you know it is your hard drive that is the issue and you will need to get a new hard drive for your console. I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.