Possible free Xbox Gold Membership Days for Downtime?

I currently am one of those unable to connect to Xbox Live after downloading the new patch.  The thing I find most comical is that I obviously was just connected to Xbox Live to download their patch.  So like many companies with good PR (public relations) do is offer compensation for the time lost/inconvenience of your experience with their product.  Whether it is time, points, money, coupons, or what have you.  Personally, time would make the most sense to me, or perhaps Xbox Live Points which I refer to below.

-----------------------

I am thinking if they don't get this resolved relatively soon than we should get some kind of free time to compensate the lost time.

I know it has only been about a day and a half at the moment of this post but let me make some points.

We pay for Xbox Live Gold Membership. 

For one: Xbox gold membership used to be 50$ and they have raised it to 60$ a year. 

For Two: We pay for this DLC crap that half the time should have been included with the $60 game we purchased, instead of this "available to purchase at release" crap.

Expanding on Two:  We pay them a ton of money, and I mean a ton.  I am sure they make billions of dollars off of us, when they could be less greedy and not charge for all of this "Online Play/Movies/Downloadable Content that should have been in the game in the first place.

----------------------

So in my opinion, we should be compensated for the time lost.  Technically we haven't agreed to the new Terms of Use, well, I haven't because I cannot get online to agree to them, so whatever they entail may not apply to us at this moment.  Also though, perhaps past Terms of Use said that they will not give us anything for time lost, but how many people really read that long purposely confusing/misleading "to cover our butts in every way possible" thing we click accept to, or not be able to play these games we have purchased.

--------------------

So I don't know, maybe I am slightly unhappy at the moment for having my time interrupted, because when I do have time to play games, I want to be able to play them (online).  So I do hope this gets fixed soon, but am curious to just hear what other people have to think.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I second that,  we give MS a lot of money for the Xbox system.  I love it but getting something back would be nice when we cant get online.

BTW the xbox rewards program isnt that great.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to clarify, I am not threatening any legal action, nor do I intend to.  I am not attempting to discuss or dispute the Terms of Service.  I am just posing an idea and seeing what people think about possibly being compensated a little time for this downtime/inconvenience.  That is all  :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I've Phoned them been waiting for 40 minutes probably more! No answer. Emailed them. Probably not going to get a response. Support Forum. No one can help here.

For phoning them, emailing them and posting on the forum and xbox downtime I want FULL compensation, totally unacceptable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all - we're working to resolve the issues, and most issues should actually be resolving right now. Please try connecting to LIVE again shortly. We really appreciate your patience! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Its still not working , its getting a bit out of hand , plus its only the people with older xbox models that are experiencing the problem ,. to get the matter at hand some compensation would make sense we have patiently waited for a day and a half and its a bit far i mean i had to result playing the wii xD so hopefully you guys can fix it

Sorry this didn't help.

No, I have a brand new MW3 editon with 320GB HDD and I'm having the problem as well.. So it's not just older xboxes!

Sorry this didn't help.

Correct - these issues have not discriminated by the model of Xbox 360 you have. Rogue, I followed up with you in another thread - let's continue there. Bleau, can you describe your exact issue, either here or in a new thread? That way I can be sure of what you're experiencing and know how to help. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahh interesting, I was about to say, I have an old xbox! hehe.  Well, I hope it gets resolved soon!  I am currently at work, would be nice to play when I get off hehe.

As far as my issue.  I tried "testing connection" and everything worked except for connecting to xbox live.  I had internet connection and such, just failed to connect to xbox live.

I do use a router, I have tried resetting the router, ive reset the modem, and it all still is the same, as of about 3 hours ago.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, I believe the issues that you would have been experiencing at that tie are now resolved. Let us know when you get home if you're still having issues, and we'll pick up troubleshooting again! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have the same problem with my MW3 X-Box I cant pay for another month of live it just wont let me do you know how to fix this yet or is HELP!!!

Sorry this didn't help.