Possible fix for Xbox 360 disk drives!

I bought a refurbished Xbox 360 Elite bundle pack on Amazon. Used for years and it worked fine! Then not long ago a family member got mad and threw in on the ground. Then my brother hooked it in and noticed the only thing wrong was one cable was unplugged. He plugged it in and it worked fine, but it started having problems with the disk, I heard of a lot of people have had disk problems. I looked today, open the tray and noticed I could slightly push it up. Like something had made the tray drop. As I closed it I tried to hold It up, without messing it up or pushing to hard, and sure enough it read First time no problem! So... Just trying and figure out how to get it to close while the tray is setting up, or buy a new drive, or what you or some else recommends. Good luck!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there.

In regards to your methods of getting the disk tray to work and your description about the small "drop" in the tray, I am going to put that down to your family member throwing it on to the floor. Its most likely been dislodged slightly, upon impact. I can only personally advise a service from the official xbox service center, in the event that the troubleshooting guide does not fix the problem.

Any tampering or unofficial service will void your warranty and in certain cases, can lead to a console ban.

I hope this helps,

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.