Porting Auto-Renew Acct from 360to1

I hate to ask something here that may be answered else where.  I've looked for the past 15-20 minutes in some of the other forums but am not really seeing this question asked any where else.  So excuse me if I'm in the wrong forum but maybe you'd be able to help me out.

I'm currently a Gold Live member on XBL.  My account auto-renews every 12 months.  Naturally I'm going to upgrade to the new console when it comes out and just as well assumed my XBL would roll over onto the One, right?  This promotion that Microsoft is offering for pre-ordering the Day 1 Enrollment of XBL on XBO....does it rollover automatically with the accounts that auto-renew?  I hope I'm asking the question right, as I think I remember the promotion coming with perks?  I guess, in short I'm wondering if I'd have to buy a Day One XBO account, or not?

Thanks in advance guys.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there, short answer to this is no as gold subs go between the 360 and Xbox One as well as your account. So you pretty much have an Xbox One account now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there,

It sounds like you're rolling several questions into one so let me answer both for you.

1) Your existing Xbox Live account that you use on your Xbox 360 is the same account that you use on the Xbox One there is no upgrade required you just sign into your account with your email and password the same as you would on your current console and that's it.  If you presently have Xbox Gold you immediately get all the gold benefits on the Xbox One and your account would renew according to whatever method you have presently setup.

2) The Xbox One Day One Edition console is a special launch version of the console that is being offered right now. So if you ordered one of those special versions of the console the package will have some extra materials in it that you can redeem and apply to your existing Xbox Live account.

3) There is also a Day One 12-Month Xbox Live Gold membership available and you can find out more details on it here http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.282262700

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.