Portable?

Do you guys think Microsoft will ever come out with a portable system? Cause that'll be really cool!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
[quote user="Chapin Lokote"]

Do you guys think Microsoft will ever come out with a portable system? Cause that'll be really cool!

[/quote]They have, well sort of, the new Windows phone, i think they wanted to make a full on portable console but realised that Nintendo's dominance of the market is overwhelming...

Same here.  I want a Windows Phone 8, and I want it NOW!  XD

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="Chapin Lokote"]Do you guys think Microsoft will ever come out with a portable system? [/quote]Someone didn't watch the Windows Phone 8 conference.

MS is leveraging DirectX in WP8. That's the direction their mobile gaming is headed in.

[/quote]

And that is definitely my next phone =D

[quote user="Chapin Lokote"]Do you guys think Microsoft will ever come out with a portable system? [/quote]Someone didn't watch the Windows Phone 8 conference.

MS is leveraging DirectX in WP8. That's the direction their mobile gaming is headed in.

They will be releasing Surface soon and they already have WP7/8... plenty of portable gaming available and more to come.

I can't imagine it competing against Nintendo, let alone Playstation's small handheld/portable market share.

[quote user="Chapin Lokote"]

[/quote]

Why?

No need. Single purpose devices are dead