Port Triggering for 2+ Xbox 360 consoles

I cannot seem to successfully use port triggering to connect multiple Xbox 360 consoles to the internet with an open NAT on all of them. So far, each configuration I've used has resulted in Xbox Live access but with strict or moderate NATs.

The router I am using is a Motorola SBG900 gateway. It does not have UPnP.

Incidentally, I can use port forwarding just fine for one console. Triggering has a number of options I do not entirely understand, and my ignorance must be resulting in something being configured incorrectly.

Click here for a screencap of what my port triggering configuration screen looks like.

I do not understand session chaining, session interval, address replace, and multihost or how these options affect my consoles' connectivity. For chaining and address replace, I get three options: disabled, TCP, and UDP/TCP. The Motorola SBG900 user manual describes chaining as "Enable session chaining if the application needs to open one or more ports in different ranges to operate properly" and interval as:
"Sets the session interval for the application:
• If the port triggers detect traffic on the Port Range within the Session Interval, it is considered
to be related to the initial session.
• If the port triggers detect traffic on the Port Range after the Session Interval expires, it is
considered to be a new and unique session." 

As per the instructions on the NAT support page, I have tried:
3074 UDP
3074 TCP
88 UDP
with chaining and address replace left set to "disabled", session interval left at 0, and multihost left unchecked.

as well as:
3074 UDP with session chaining UDP/TCP
3074 TCP with session chaining UDP/TCP
88 UDP with session chaining disabled
and with address replace set to disabled, session interval set to 0, and multihost left unchecked.

I have also tried:
88 UDP
3074 UDP
3074 TCP
53 UDP
53 TCP
80 (TCP)
with chaining and address replace left set to "disabled", session interval left at 0, and multihost left unchecked.

and
88 UDP
3074 UDP
3074 TCP
53 UDP
53 TCP
80 (TCP)
with session chaining set to UDP/TCP for all of them, session interval left at 0, address replace left disabled, and multihost left unchecked.

If anyone has any idea how to resolve my issue, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

Hi

Only certain routers can do this with UIPnP or triggering, www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.