Port restricted Nat issues

I run all the tests and play a game or two and I end up with a port restricted Nat, I've tried everything from port forwarding to getting New equipment from my isp.

I have a bt hub 5, when I'm playing on my own I get about four games before I get the port restricted Nat, as soon as I turn another Xbox one on, I'm lucky to have one proper game, and when the kids come to visit with their Xbox ones well its near impossible to have a tidy game, what am I doing wrong guys 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

dirtydot, ok, I have only one question right now, did You check, maybe You have double NAT?

Your router doing NAT for all Your devices, but Your provider can do the same for You and other customers, or only for You at its side.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I dont understand, so I phone my isp and ask if they can dedicate a single Nat, I have a very good download speed and whilst playing tonight I developed a 248ms latency, it eventually went back down to 151ms but I couldn't play properly, and obviously when it goes to port restricted its an even worse game, I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the Xbox if I can't get it sorted as its really getting on my nerves now 

Sorry this didn't help.

You say you get restricted NAT when you turn on another Xbox.

BT's routers are garbage and don't support multiple consoles on the same router without restricting NAT. This would happen with multiple PlayStations too. It is an ISP hardware issue not a console issue.

Unless you REALLY need the BT Hub 5 then don't use it. Instead get your own router, one specifically enhanced for gaming will let multiple consoles run in OPEN NAT. Things like the NETGEAR Nighthawk work great with multiple consoles, just be sure to read comments and reviews for any router and don't go cheap because that is what BT gives you, cheap hardware to let you get the basics.

Sorry this didn't help.

Would I be better off trying a new isp, as I feel bt have ripped me off anyway, if so could you recommend anyone. The port restricted Nat happens quite frequently, I can't manage more than 3 games without it reverting back to port restricted, but as soon as the kids come over an switch theirs on I'm lucky to get halfway through a game  

It's really frustrating I just want to enjoy playing the Xbox again

Sorry this didn't help.