Port-preserving port-symmetric NAT

Alright, so I've tried what I think is everything.

A wired connection is impossible where I'm living, so I'm stuck with wireless through a DD-WRT router (firmware up to date).

I have forwarded all necessary ports, set a static IP, enabled uPnP... I used to have open NAT, but lately it has reverted to strict.

When I check my detailed NAT info, it tells me I am behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT.

Please help, as this is getting really old.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:
Answer

[quote user="J1m1 D34n"]A wired connection is impossible where I'm living, so I'm stuck with wireless[/quote]

As for NAT, it doesn't matter if your connection is wired or wireless. So unless your Wireless signal is disturbed by outside interference (neighboring WLAN, wireless baby monitors or even Microwave ovens), you're good to go.

[quote user="J1m1 D34n"]

a DD-WRT router (firmware up to date).

I have forwarded all necessary ports, set a static IP, enabled uPnP...

[/quote]

According to the DD-WRT Wiki on Port Forwarding, UPnP overrides manual port forwarding rules.

So it might be, that the Xbox incorrectly advertises its ports via UPnP, and therefore overrides your manual settings. Try to turn off UPnP in that case, or remove your manual settings, and see if UPnP is able to handle it.

Also try to put your Xbox One into a DMZ. This would tell the router to send all "unknown" incoming Internet traffic to the Xbox One, which should result in an open NAT without port configuration.

You could also check if your Internet Provider already put you behind a Carrier Grade NAT / DS-Lite. If that is the case, you have to ask your ISP to give you a "real" public IPv4 address, or switch Internet Providers.

For additional troubleshooting also check out my NAT post in the link below in my signature.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.